Total Pageviews

Nov 18, 2011

Fridge and Cabinet Locks

As an autism mom, I'm thankful for fridge and cabinet locks, so I still have groceries the day after I go shopping. :)  Let's not forget the fact that these locks prevent my kids from cracking eggs all over the house, pouring the spices out onto the floor, drinking medications they shouldn't be taking...the list goes on and on.
I used to use the Safety First fridge locks (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Safety-1st-Fridge-Lock/16383404), but after Garrett figured those out, I shelled out some money and bought these locks that have adhesive on the back (http://www.marinelock.com/White-Refrigerator-Lock_p_8.html).  Of course, adhesive isn't enough, I do use super glue as well, so the kids don't just yank the adhesive part off of the fridge.  I also decided to use combination locks instead of the key locks that come with the kit, because my kids figured out that the key opened the fridge, and they would carry it around and bring it to me all day.  I finally lost it after they carried it off somewhere... 
 
For the cupboard locks, we ended up drilling holes in our cabinets to make a spot for handles because the best cabinet locks for our needs go around the door handles.  (http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Grip-Cabinet-Lock/dp/B001CWQT46)  However, the reviews for this product say that it is too hard for adults to open.  It is pretty hard to open, but we figured it out, and luckily, our kids didn't.  :)
 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for such a great information. In these days its hard to find a honest blog about a fridge and cabinet locks. This is very helpful, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly it's a bit harder to me to understand this system.. But it gives me more aspiration and cool knowledge.I really would love to have more information on this subject and be updated on any updates!



    quality door

    ReplyDelete
  3. As parents of such hyperactive tots, we need to employ measures around the house to keep our belongings intact. This post is indeed very helpful to us. Thanks for raising this concern and giving us ideas about this matter.

    ReplyDelete