Total Pageviews

Jun 3, 2013

"Open"

As an autism mom, I'm grateful for another spontaneous word that Caiti said yesterday morning.  She woke up in a bad mood, and as always, it was a guessing game figuring out what she wanted.  However; she came up to me and said, "Open?"  She then grabbed my hand and led me to the bathroom.  So, I opened the bathroom (which was locked for reasons I will explain in my next post), so she could have a bath (which is Caiti's favorite thing in the world).  Her bath was very soothing to her and cheered her up.  Yay for some functional language!  

3 comments:

  1. Hello. My name is Marian. I found your blog somehow on Pinterest. I am also LDS with a son on the spectrum. I have a blog too :) It really helps to write the highs and lows down. May Heavenly Father bless you for sharing your story. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great that we can find so much joy in those precious new words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marian,
    Isnt it great to know there are others out there who can relate? I would love to see your blog, if you were willing to share.

    ReplyDelete